woensdag 29 februari 2012

Overweight

Hello Everyone!


Here’s again a blog of me. This month I will  write something about a well-known subject by all of you.

 I guess everyone knows what I mean if I say that there is a problem in America and Great Britain with reference to the overweight of the teens there. How often does it happen that there is a program on television which bring this problem up.
It also is a fact that when we think of American or British teens, we automatically link them to ‘being fat’ or ‘drinking too much’.

It is for a great part the debt of the media that we think that way about American and British teens. They almost never show us a ‘normal’ teenager. It are always girls who are very young and pregnant or people who are addicted to drugs or people who are extremely drunken or intoxicated. Grace to this, or image of British and American teenagers is kind of negative. According to the rates, 50% of the Americans has got overweight. Surprisingly, it are the Americans who think that there isn’t a problem at all about the amount of people who suffer from supremacy. It is also proved that commercials on television about Mc Donalds and other fastfood restaurants would be a cause of the weight gain too. Of course it depends also on the place where the people live and the salary they gain, but although, are the consequences of fastfood commercials incalculable. According to the international information, is it good to have a BMI (Body Mass Index) between 18,5 and 25. When your Body Mass Index is higher than 30, you are obese. You can figure your Body Mass Index out by dividing your weight by your length squared. If you try this, you’ll see that a Body Mass Index of 30 is a high rate to reach. Of course isn’t everyone in the United States or in Britain that ‘fat’, but It is a fact that the amount of people with overweight there is a lot higher than here in Belgium.
I hope you enjoyed reading my blog again! :D
But I don’t have a lot of inspiration for writing my blogs, so if you have an idea for something I can write about, you can always tell me. ;)
anyway, next month, you can read something of me again!
A little notion, I won’t post a blog at the end of March, but in the beginning of April because at the end of March, I’m in Rome with school. ;) So in my next blog, you’ll probably perceive how it has been in Rome! :D




Lots of love
Dorien

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten